PARISH PASTORAL CENTRE
Minister O'Neill (centre) pictured at St Patrick's Old Church, with Parish Priest Fr David O'Kane (far left), Lord Mayor Elisha McCallion, funding partners and Claudy Parish Community Group following an award of £190,000 under the RDP.
Minister O'Neill (centre) pictured at St Patrick's Old Church, Claudy, Co Derry alongside Parish Priest Fr O'Kane (back row far left), funding partners and Claudy Parish Community Group at the re-opening of the Old Church
The Church was first renovated in the 1930's and blessed by Dr O'Kane, Bishop of Derry - between 1931 and 1934 - possibly 1932.
PARISH OF CUMBER UPPER AND LEARMOUNT, PARISH PASTORAL CENTRE - OFFICIALLY OPENED 17TH JUNE 2015
The Church’s interior was also transformed to provide community space for a range of activities.
Some of the locals who attended the opening of the Parish Pastoral Centre in June 2015
THE MAIN HALL
THE MAIN HALL
MAIN HALL AFTER RESTORATION WORKS ARE COMPLETED
THE ORIGINAL GALLERIES ARE RETAINED
RESTORATION WORKS CONTINUES INSIDE THE BUILDING 2015
MAJOR REFURBISHING WORKS CONTINUE INSIDE THE BUILDING
THE ALTAR AND SCARISTY AREA
THE ORIGINAL SPIRAL STAIRCASE
STAINED GLASS WINDOW TRANSFORMED FROM THIS................
..............................TO THIS
The project sought to restore the architectural and historical legacy of St Patrick’s Church through a works programme centred on the Church’s exterior and its bell tower, which would restore the Church’s rural heritage, improve the streetscape of the village.

PARISH PASTORAL CENTRE


Built around 1830 - Closed 1980 Re-opened mid June 2015

Set in the heart of the parish, next to Saint Patrick’s Church, the newly refurbished Parish Pastoral Centre was officially opened on Wednesday the 17th June 2015 when the parishioners of the parish had the opportunity to explore their new community facility.

The church was abandon for 25 years following the construction of a new chapel adjacent and it was clear the building would not survive another generation if left in such dereliction.

The parish committee secured grant money from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) to carry out conservation works to the old church and revive the old building, not as a church, but a parish community centre.

Accommodation includes a large double height social hall, two large meeting rooms, and associated toilets and kitchen.

It is anticipated that over time the Centre will play a key role within the parish and the surrounding area offering a range of facilities for parish groups to promote and encourage pastoral ministries.

The Centre is modern, light, bright and airy with a fully accessible main hall which can accommodate up to 150 people for a meal.  It has disabled toilets and disabled access. 

The Parish is extremely grateful to the funding secured through RAPID, DARD and the Heritage Lottery fund, the dedicated committee and everyone else involved in bringing us to this day.


The contact number for booking the Pastoral Centre is 077 2005 9719.



Saint Patrick's Church, 9, Church Street, Claudy BT47 4AA

Saint Joseph's Church,  Slieveboy Road, Claudy, Co Derry BT47 4AS